Great British Car Journey is committed to ensuring that all customers enjoy driving experiences of the highest quality which are safe, memorable and value for money.
We want you to feel welcome and enjoy expert tuition from our instructors in the best vehicles and pleasant surroundings. We know how much our customers enjoy driving experiences, so our terms and conditions have been carefully written to ensure that there are no misunderstandings which could detract from your enjoyment. We require that anyone purchasing or booking an experience accepts the terms and conditions in full.
1. Voucher Validity: It is critical that the voucher validity date has not expired when you attend, as you will not be allowed to take part in your experience. Once you have booked your date, we reserve your car, instructor and drive time.
2. Booking Your Experience: We would advise you book your driving experience with as much lead time as possible. Please be aware that there are limited spaces to book in each car and these operate on a “first come first served” basis. If your preferred car is fully booked you will be offered other options, this may include a different model of car, a higher specification car (this may incur an additional fee) or an alternative date.
3. Changes to Bookings: Once your voucher has been redeemed against an event, that event date becomes its expiry date. One free administration change (date, car, or name) can be made outside 28 days of the event. A minimum admin fee of £25 is applicable per person per change for any change inside 28 days but before 72 hours of the event. If your booking is left open following a change, the experience must be rebooked and taken within 3 months of the original event date. We do not accept cancellations inside 3 days of the event if your event has been booked (unless covered under separate cancellation cover taken out at Booking)
4. Substitution: Great British Car Journey reserves the right to offer an adequate alternative car or date where necessary.
5. Vehicle Availability: Vehicles used on the day are subject to availability and changes without notice can be made at the event. Any changes implemented will be of equal valve or better to the original booking.
6. Arrival Time: Please note: Arrive in good time for registration. We ask that you arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled start time so that you can receive relevant information before taking part in your event. All customers must allow plenty of time for their journey to the venue, if you are late (arriving after the agreed arrival time stated on your letter/email) you may not be able to take part in your experience.
7. Directions: Directions to the venue are sent as assistance only and customers are asked to plan their own journeys carefully. If you have any issues prior to your event, please call Great British Car Journey Ltd.
8. Required Paperwork: On the day, the participating driver must bring their driving licence and their confirmation email. Without these, you will not be able to take part.
9. Footwear: Drivers, please wear soft-soled shoes or trainers. Climbing boots or high heels are not suitable.
10. Clothing: We recommend that you come prepared for the extremes of the British climate! Please wear comfortable driving clothing. On cold/wet days you will need warm waterproof clothing, gloves, and hats, whilst on summer days the site can become extremely hot and dusty (sun cream). On dry days, wearers of contact lenses may experience some discomfort. It is recommended that soft-soled shoes are worn as some cars have minimal spacing between the operating pedals. Whatever the season, an umbrella is a really essential extra.
11. Cancellation Insurance: This Separate Cancellation Cover is at a cost of £20 and is valid for use one time only. If you have purchased this from us, we will rebook an activity within three months of the cancelled event. This cover is valid if the customer should cancel an already booked activity session as a direct consequence of one or more of the circumstances set out below:
· Death within the immediate family.
· Breakdown on route to an event.
· Serious illness of the participant.
Relevant official recovery documentation must be provided for the above in the event of cancellation. Once purchased this policy is non-refundable and does not fall within the 14 days conditions. This covers the participant taking part in the event and not the gift voucher. Please note, this cover does not entitle the customer to a refund of the experience, simply a further three-month period to rebook their event.
12. 14 days conditions: The 14-day cooling-off period required by consumer law for certain transactions.
13. Indemnity Waiver: The Great British Car Journey requires all customers to complete an indemnity waiver form on the day of their event prior to commencing their activity. This is completed by signing the relevant indemnity form. With few exceptions, all experiences involve some element of risk.
14. Public Liability Insurance: Every customer is covered by our public liability insurance.
The Great British Car Journey is not responsible for any risks not specifically covered by its own insurance and on arrival, you will be asked to sign a driver’s indemnity.
15. Driving License: All clients participating in motoring activities must hold a valid UK/International Driving Licence.
16. General requirements for Participants: We do ask that all participants bring their driving licence with them for their event. We also request that you can drive a vehicle with a manual gearbox. Any driver holding only an automatic licence must declare this at time of booking. We do have some automatic gearbox cars available, but they may be subject to extra charge.
Certain experiences are subject to minimum or maximum requirements, e.g. age, health, or weight. Once booked, you may be liable for charges if you have to cancel because the minimum requirements are not met. As a guide our minimum height is 5’ and maximum height is 6’6’’. Our maximum weight restriction is 20 stone. Height and weight are experience dependent, please ask for details.
17. Smoking and Alcohol: We hold a no smoking or vaping rule whilst in vehicles or in any building . We also ask that you do not smoke near our members of staff as this is their working environment. Anyone who is considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be excluded from all activities and entitled to no refund or rebooking. In certain circumstances, a breath sample may be requested.
18. Medical conditions: If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your ability to undertake the experience this must be disclosed on the booking form where indicated. If you are in any doubt, then please consult your doctor. We will ask you to confirm that you are not suffering from any illness or disability whether permanent or temporary or otherwise which is likely to affect your control of the vehicles being driven.
19. Driving Instruction: Not adhering to the instructor’s advice during your session may result in the termination of your experience with no refund given. We expect our customers to listen to the instructors and drive accordingly.
20. Spectators: Spectators are welcome to attend the event subject to the following conditions: Due to insurance restrictions, children under the age of 16 are permitted but must be supervised at all times whilst on the site by an accompanying adult. Dogs or pets can be admitted but must be on a short lead and remain well behaved at all times, otherwise you may be asked to leave the area with your pet.
21. Force Majeure: Great British Car Journey is not liable for failure to perform their obligations if such failure is as a result of an Act of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity, gas or telephone service. (Force Majeure).
22. Adverse Weather: From time to time some of our experiences may have to be canceled or suspended due to adverse weather conditions, reasons beyond our control, or occasionally mechanical breakdowns. Our events do continue in the rain. We will not be responsible for any accommodation, travel or incidental expenses incurred by customers and every effort will be made on the day for your event to continue, even if the time scale is over and above expected booked time or we will offer you an alternative.
23. Complaints: If you have a problem or complaint on the day, please bring it to the attention of the Event Manager as soon as possible so they have a chance to resolve any issues. We are unable to resolve any issue once you have left the event. Refunds cannot be issued after your event. If you have a situation with regards to any other matters, you can send a letter or email to our General Manager.
24. Data Protection: Great British Car Journey complies with Data Protection Act 2018. Those principles require that data is:
Used fairly, lawfully and transparently
Used for specified, explicit purposes
Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
Kept for no longer than is necessary
Handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
All details supplied by clients or recipients of gifts remain confidential to the company. Under no circumstances will any information be supplied to third parties without our clients and or the recipient’s specific authorities in writing, except where there is an emergency involving the statutory authorities.
25. Voucher Conditions of Use: All the above terms and conditions apply as a condition of using any voucher, whether or not the voucher holder is the original purchaser.
26. Refunds: We are happy to make refunds on un-booked experiences, bought direct from The Great British Car Journey within 14 days of purchase, and will be the value of the voucher only. After 14 days no refund will be available. Refunds are always made to the person who purchased the experience, and if originally purchased by credit card, the refund will be credited to the same card. If the card has expired you will need to request a refund in writing.